Kohawks in Iowa are excited for the new crimson and gold plates to show off their school SPIRIT! Order Yours Now!
Information, applications, and pictures are available on the Iowa Department of Transportation website. Also apply by clicking here.
NOTE: Make sure you scroll down to the section with Private College Plates
- Numbered Plates: $25 with a $5 annual validation fee
- Personalized Plates: $50 with a $5 annual validation fee
- Personalized Plates may consist of up to 7 characters and numbers. All plates must have at least 2 characters.
Your completed plates will be sent to the appropriate County Treasurer's Office.
Plates must be assigned to a vehicle within 90 days or the plates will be voided and no refund issued. Your current plates must be exchanged for your new plates.
Rules to Personalizing Plates:
Get YOUR Kohawk plates today to show how much you LUVCOE! Because we all know, we're PROUD2B Coe. Once a Kohawk, always a Kohawk. COE4LYF!
- No punctuation marks are allowed.
- No denoting a government agency (i.e., DOT ).
- No display of characters which are sexual in connotation.
- No characters suggesting profane, obscene or inflammatory words or phrases, or those contrary to public policy.
- No characters or words defined in dictionaries as a term of vulgarity, contempt, prejudice, hostility, insult, or racial or ethnic degradation.
- No characters considered to be offensive.
- No characters that conflict with the regular license numbering system.
- Recognized as a swear word.
- Reference to an illegal substance or criminal act.
- Any foreign word falling in any of these categories.
- No duplicate combination of characters