The Coe College Athletic Hall of Fame was begun by Coe Athletics
Director Barron Bremner with the assistance of a committee of alumni
C-Club letter winners. The constitution was written in November 1972,
and the charter class of 17 was inducted October 26, 1973.
Conditions for induction are:
- The candidate must have received a varsity letter and have completed
their degree requirements at Coe College, or have been an athletic
coach and/or staff member at Coe College.
- A candidate is not eligible for a period of ten years following the
completion of his/her athletic career at Coe College. The award may be
- This does not pertain to an athletic coach or athletic staff member.
- A candidate must have made a contribution to athletics:
- As an outstanding athlete at Coe who has later led a responsible life.
- Attention should be given to a candidate's body of work at Coe College as an athlete, coach or athletic staff member.
- Consideration should not exclude a candidate who has achieved success at an elite level and led a responsible life.
A selection committee is appointed each year according to the
guidelines of the constitution. The committee selects among nominations
from C-Club members.
Each nominee's photo and induction is framed and permanently
displayed in the Coe College Athletic Hall of Fame in Eby Fieldhouse.
To nominate a Coe alumna/us, download the Athletic Hall of Fame nomination form or contact the Alumni Office directly at 319-399-8561, 1-877-KOHAWKS or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due to the Alumni Office by March 1.
View Athletic Hall of Fame members here.